Goat Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 chicken breasts (about 110-170gr each)
- 60gr Meredith Dairy goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups organic spinach
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 220gr sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Optional: 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Use a sharp knife to hasselback each chicken breast and cut 6 slits into the top of each breast, making sure you don’t cut all the way through to the bottom of the chicken breast. Drizzle each chicken breast with a little olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large ovenproof skillet over medium high heat and add in ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Add in spinach and season with garlic powder. Transfer cooked spinach to a bowl and add in goat cheese. Stir until well combined. Stuff each slit with the spinach/goat cheese mixture.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the same skillet. Add in sliced onions, mushrooms, fresh thyme, optional balsamic vinegar and season with a little salt and pepper. Sauté until onions begin to caramelize and mushrooms turn golden brown.
- Add chicken to the skillet. Transfer to oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.